Deborah Tang: Arbonne
Past life: army reservist in an armoured regiment out west (four years), computer engineer in the public service (12 years)
Present: stay at home mom of four selling Arbonne
WHO AM II'm a new stay at home mom with four kids, and I say that because I've always gone back to work to my computer-electrical engineer in the federal government after each year of mat leave. However we are a military family and with four kids we decided to move the whole family together for this posting. I've also come to terms with all the things moms have to do all day and all night around the house, including shuttling kids to karate, swimming, and kumon etc. Fortunately I am their piano teacher!
WHY ARBONNEThe whole reason I got into beauty and cosmetics is that I don't sleep well with the four kids, and I needed something to take care of myself and hide the bags under my eyes! As well it's never too early to start thinking about anti-aging! Arbonne has the BEST vegan-certified, swiss formulated, botanically based products, made in the USA and sold exclusively by passionate Independent Consultants. We have what people are looking for with over 450 items in our catalog from skincare, bath and body, baby care to vegan protein shakes and vitamins and even shaving products for men! I LOVE to tell people about Arbonne because we are pure, safe and beneficial - no parabens, no SLS and no mineral oil.
I'm an Engineer with a Masters Degree in Physics and a music background, but I am a woman and I choose to buy the best and most prestigious products for myself and my kids. Sometimes people take a double take, like wow you're a rocket scientist, so why are you selling lipstick? Well that's exactly it, I DECIDED to take time away from my work regular work to be with my family and this is the perfect home business I can do on my own terms. It's like bring your kids to work day everyday!
The perks, wow imagine a job where I can claim my beauty products as business expenses and get a good discount. I also do mobile spa presentations, trade shows, online sales, deliveries and business meetings and recruitment interviews.
My top five favorites
1) ABC Arbonne Baby Hair and Body Wash - the first ingredient is water! Arbonne is SLS free and I really care about what I put on my kids skin, botanically based
2) Sea Source Hair Masque - keeps my hair soft and strong, like a conditioner but you keep it in longer before washing it out. I love the natural fragrance of sea botanicals especially the 24 re-mineralizing lotion
3) It's a Long Story mascara - I never wore mascara before I started selling it and now I love it. The formula helps lashes grow longer too, I feel it
4) RE9 Intensive Renewal Serum - vitamin and antioxidant rich, sea algae extract, apply before the day or night moisturizer
5)FC5 day cream with spf 20- I love the fragrance of five fruit cell technology - kiwi, strawberry, carrot, pumpkin and mango. mineral based spf
6) I love the vegan protein shakes, chocolate and vanilla. A great start to my day full of vitamins as well
Best Christmas gifts
1) Majestic Makeup Palette - for the perfect day to night look with all the colours you need
2) Sea Source Line - ocean botanicals
3) RE9 Corrective Eye Cream