Thursday 3 March 2016

Gecko Galz Feet Challenge

I laugh even now as I am typing that title. I wonder how many hits this post is going to get from people with medical issues with their feet? I assure you, all the Gecko Galz are in fine shape. Just in case you are here looking for foot advice, you may want to try The Mayo Clinic Page.

Ok enough of the silliness, this crafting business is serious stuff. Well, not really, but I need to get to the point of the post before you all think I am totally off my rocker.

This was my sample for the February Gecko Galz Challenge featuring Feet! Yep, Feet! Mine likely won't qualify as I can't honestly say that there is a foot in this boot for sure...but I thought it was as close as I wanted to get to having a foot as the focal point of a design.

This ATC was created using kraft cardstock with archival black ink and a finbair stamp and then going over it with tea dye and rusty hinge distress ink. I then adhered the lovely vintage boot from the Ephemera Fun Collage sheet. I have a bucket of vintage buttons and these two made me think of the buttons that women used to have to deal with on long boots such as these. I attached a metal corner flourish, the buttons, a mulberry flower and a bit of glitter to give it a finished look. I stamped the sentiment using Colonial White ink and a Close To My Heart stamp. Voila. My ATC was complete. I hope you like it. Be sure to go and join the Gecko Galz Papercrafting challenge group. It is a great place to put your 'BEST FOOT FORWARD" get it...sorry that was sad.


No comments:

Post a Comment