Thursday 30 June 2016

Teacher Appreciation Gifts: Painted Canvas

When giving gifts for the end of the school year, be sure not to overlook the school's office staff. These folks are the ones dealing with sick kids, kids with attitude waiting for the principal, irate parents, injured sports stars and everything else.

This piece is for Mrs Ward. She works in the office at my children's school. I feel like she is one of my closest friends as I have spoken to her so often over the last few years its disturbing. Her sense of humour and calm demeanor has maneuvered our family through many mini crisis. We appreciate everything you do!


How To Make The Canvas:



  1. I used a 5x7 white canvas as the base of this project.
  2. Print off a silhouette image of your choosing. I used this cute bunny from a Gecko Galz digital stamp set.
  3. Spray the entire image with Tattered Angels glimmer mist. I chose a dark blue as I was doing a night scene. Once it is dry apply mod podge lightly with a fine paint brush and sprinkle mica powder where you want to highlight the image. I used a sparkly teal and an opal colour to give it a shimmery moonlit look.
  4. I covered the entire image with glossy accents and allowed it to dry.
  5. Using a black alcohol marker I retraced the original image to make it pop from the background.
  6. Carefully I removed the canvas from the wood base and placed it in an altered frame I had painted blue.






No comments:

Post a Comment