Friday 4 December 2015

Christmas Tag Using Gecko Galz Winter Magic Image

Gecko Galz Christmas Tag


I was so excited to be chosen for the 2016 Gecko Galz design team, that I decided to jump right in and create my first project. My fingers are still blue with ink but I was so anxious to share how my tag turned out that I did not even wait to clean up.

The image that I used of the little girl and also the Winter Magic Sentiment are part of the Winter Magic image set that is free with a purchase from the Gecko Galz Etsy shop during the month of December.


Materials Used

  • Gecko Galz Winter Magic
  • white tissue paper
  • blue Distress Ink
  • Dazzling Diamonds glitter
  • Sparkling Poinsettia Leaves Stamp and Die
  • Swirls Embossing Folder
  • Reclaimed vintage lace
  • Pretty Pearls 3D Paint
  • Iridescent paper (mine is off white)
  • Colonial White Cardstock
  • Die cut rolled flowers

Making The Tag:

Cut out layers for tag first. 
Use the iridescent paper for the smaller inset layer. Emboss using the swirls folder. Ink the embossed image as desired. Mount the layer onto the cardstock base. Attach lace to bottom of the card. My lace was quite thin so I used 4 layers of the off white lace and two of the blue lace. 

Punch a hole in the top of your tag. Pull a piece of lace through the hole. Attach a paperclip at the back of the tag to hold the lace in place and then thread the other side back through the hole. Now your bow will stay put. 

Next I printed off my Gecko Galz images using my HP inkjet printer. I used the iridescent paper for this but you could just as easily use the plain cardstock. I trimmed out the images I wanted to use for this project. Using my Sizzix I die cut the little girl image then inked the edges using blue distress ink. The Winter Magic sentiment I inked the edges with the blue distress ink and then rolled the ends in opposite directions to create a scroll effect. 

Using the white tissue paper cut a chunk about 2 feet long. At one end cut several sections vertically 1/3 of the length. These will become your branches. Twist each branch as firmly as you can and then put a bit of glue on it to make it stay. When you get to the end of the small sections keep twisting and create the trunk of the tree. Again, apply a small amount of glue to help it stay tight. Allow the tree to dry thoroughly. 

While it is drying stamp your leaves on white cardstock using the blue distress ink and cut them out. Once they are cut edge the leaves with more blue ink. Allow the ink to shade towards the centre of the leaf. Assemble your rolled flowers and ink them with blue distress ink.

Once everything is dry you can lay out the pieces to see where you would like it all to fit. Once you are happy with it, use liquid adhesive or hot glue to attach the pieces. Using the Pretty Pearls 3D paint go over the branches of the tree where you think snow would gather as well as a large dollop to cover the base of the tree and under the little girls foot. Use the Diamond glitter to create a frosty look all over your flowers, leaves and tree. Let the tag dry well before moving. Enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment