Thursday 17 December 2015

Gecko Galz Seasons Greeting Challenge

Aren't the challenges on Gecko Galz so much fun. I wish that I had known about them sooner as I am having a blast creating all these new styles. 

This challenge was of course a Christmas Challenge. I really like the way it turned out. I find challenges that don't limit colour choice are much easier for me.


Material Used:

  • Gecko Galz Oh Christmas Saying OCS09
  • Do Crafts Denim Lace
  • American Crafts Cardstock
  • Close To my Heart Colonial White Card Base
  • Close To My Heart Artiste Cricut Cartridge Rolled Rose
  • Ebay Leave
  • Old Paper Distress Ink
  • Crayola Pencil Crayons 
  • Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers
  • Stickles
  • Flat Back Pearls

  1. I always start by colouring my focal image. It sets the tone for the whole card. Depending on the colours that come out of it determines what supplies I will use on the card. 
  2. Double mount the focal image on dark and then lighter blue cardstock creating a 31/2x31/2 square.
  3. Cut a piece of cream cardstock 4 1/2 x 3 3/4 (I ran mine through my cuttlebug to add some dimension). Ink the edges with Old Paper Distress ink and attach it to a piece of dark blue cardstock.
  4. Attach the blue lace to the blue and cream layer, securing the lace on the back with a piece of tape. Attach the layer to  the card base.
  5. Using Foam squares attach the focal image to the card base. Be sure to add a bit of extra pressure where the foam squares attach to the lace. 
  6. Arrange your leaves and rolled flower to the bottom left corner. Add three half back pearls to the bottom right of the focal image.

Ta-Da....you are so creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment