Join the Cozy Creative Community

Romantic reading journals, paper crafts, vintage inspiration, grandmacore aesthetics, printable collections, and gentle creative living delivered straight to your inbox.

Join readers, journalers, crafters, and vintage souls creating a softer, more beautiful life.

Friday, 9 October 2026

By Mercy Unbroken by Chelsey Welwood: A Moving Christian Romance About Love and Faith

Some books draw us into another time and place. Others stay with us because they touch something much deeper. By Mercy Unbroken by Chelsey Welwood did both for me.

By Mercy Unbroken by Chelsey Welwood, Book 2 in the Tabitha’s Kin series

By Mercy Unbroken — Tabitha’s Kin, Book 2

Author: Chelsey Welwood
Series: Tabitha’s Kin, Book 2
Genre: Historical Christian romance
Kindle release date: August 28, 2026

Disclosure: I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.

A story that held my heart

I spent an entire day immersed in this novel. There were moments that gave me chills, others that left my heart aching, and passages that brought me to tears. As the story unfolded, those emotions became part of something hopeful: a moving testament to human love and, above all, to the great love of God.

Welwood’s writing kept me turning the pages, but it was the spiritual depth of the story that stayed with me afterward. I finished the book feeling that I had experienced something far deeper than a beautiful romance.

Faith at the heart of the romance

What touched me most was the way faith shaped the story. God’s love felt central to everything, giving the romance its meaning and emotional depth. As I read, one verse kept returning to me:

“We love because he first loved us.”
— 1 John 4:19

That is the feeling I carried away from By Mercy Unbroken. The love between the characters felt rooted in a greater love, and their journeys invited me to reflect on my own faith. The story reminded me of how profoundly we are loved and of the hope we can find in God’s mercy.

My recommendation

Chelsey Welwood has a gift for writing stories that move the heart while inviting readers to reflect on their relationship with God. This novel comforted me, challenged me to think, and remained with me long after the final page.

I wholeheartedly recommend By Mercy Unbroken to readers who appreciate emotionally powerful historical Christian romance with faith at its heart. Have a few tissues nearby—and leave yourself time to sit with the story when you finish.

Explore the Tabitha’s Kin series

I first discovered Chelsey’s writing through Where Stillness Speaks, which I also enjoyed. If you would like to begin with Book 1 or find her newest novel, here are the direct Amazon product links:

Have you read either of Chelsey Welwood’s books? I would love to hear which moments or themes stayed with you. Please keep your comments spoiler-free so other readers can discover the stories for themselves.


For more book reviews and cozy creative inspiration, join the My Grandma’s Teacups community.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"I’d love to hear your thoughts! Grab a cozy seat and let’s chat about today’s project. Every comment helps our community grow!"

My Grandma's Teacups. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Labels

Popular posts from this blog

My Christmas Gift List: Trophy Wife Aprons

FabScraps Design Team Unboxing: Holly Jolly Christmas & All Aboard Collections

My Grandma's Teacups: Turn your Cricut Explore into a Paper Doll Cutter

Pages