Thursday, 7 April 2016

The Art of Digital

I admit it. I have been very judgemental of people that say they are scrapbookers but then only do digital layouts. To me its all about finding the perfect weight and design of paper, The choice of embellishments and bling. Just using your hands to create a piece of art. On the flip side I am in love with drawing digital images. I realize how narrow viewed I have been.

When I first joined the amazing design team of Gecko Galz I was content having the images sized to fit my needs and then printed off to be used as a traditional element on my projects. I had no interest in using the images in my digital drawing.

This month was hectic for me personally. It seemed everyone had 15 appointments that required me to be out of the studio and often sitting in a waiting room somewhere. Thankfully I had my tablet with me. I love Autodesk Sketchbook and its what I use for all my digital painting. I started to play around with the images I had from Gecko Galz and started using the digital stamps as a form of adult colouring. Then I found myself importing the collage sheets, resizing, cropping even changing colours. It was like a whole new art opened itself up to me.

I will always be a paper and glue gal but it's really nice to have the option to create on the go. If you have wifi I would even recommend using Picmonkey which is a free online software that has lots of artistic freedom built in.

Feel free to play with the designs. Allow yourself permission to try something new.

These are some of my experiments from this month.