Monday 7 March 2016

Easter Decoration using Gecko galz Ephemera

Do not be surprised if you see this adorable little guy on several projects this month. I think he is just the cutest little bunny ever. No offence to the other bunny I am working with for my March Feature project. I seem to never tire of colouring this sweetie. 



How to:

I printed the image from Gecko Galz on regular white cardstock then coloured it with my Spectrum Noir markers. You will remember that you have to be careful when colouring inkjet images with alcohol markers (for my technique see the post about my art journal found here).

I cut the Christmas wreath using my Cricut and then covered it with leaves and flowers from the Flower Shoppe Cartridge. I cut the leaves out in green bazzil cardstock and then added shading using my distress inks and Spectrum Noir markers. 

The ribbon was lighter than I would have liked but I am giving up buying craft supplies during Lent. My husband wishes Lent would last all year long.

The adhesive backed "pearls" were a Dollarama buy. They come attached by glue in long strings which is handy when you are making flourishes etc. By the time I had separated them I had to use a bottle of glue as they were no longer adhesive backed. My studio table was sufficiently covered in the adhesive though. 

Finally,  I added a bit of green glitter glue and a hand written sentiment. Nothing feels finished until it has a bit of glitter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment