Wednesday 20 January 2016

Mixed Media Canvas Using Gecko Galz Fair Maiden Ephemera



Good morning. I have been playing around with mixed media allot more lately. I usually stick to very vintage, shabby chic projects that are light and airy. I decided to push myself to create a piece that was a bit darker. Perhaps I went a bit too dark.


What do you think?


I used Gecko Galz Fair Maiden image 1 as my base using it as a transfer onto the canvas. That is why she is backwards. I forgot to invert her before I printed. I added crinkled tissue paper to the canvas around her with mod podge. Once it was dry I painted all around her in black. I am not sure if you can see it from the picture but I added a layer of lace for the inside section of her mantle. I created the mantle using resin roses that I had coloured using my pomegranate Tattered Angels Glimmer mist and a few white ones along the base. Once they were adhered using Craft Medley Clear Glue, I began adding the buttons. I covered the buttons in a light coat of gesso before spraying with several shades of blue glimmer mist. Once it was all dried I sprayed the entire project with Dazzling Diamonds Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist. I added the adhesive backed stars as an afterthought to try to brighten the piece up. All in all I really like it, but I think I am going back to light and airy...lol....

No comments:

Post a Comment