Thursday 7 January 2016

January Gecko Galz Feature: Art Journal

Hello and welcome to everyone visiting me from the Gecko Galz blog. First of all I want to say how thrilled I am to be part of the 2016 Gecko Galz Design Team. The wonderful papers and images are entirely my style. The creative group of ladies that are on this team are so inspiring to work with. 2016 is going to be such an exciting year.

I decided to use the beautiful stamp that the Gecko Galz provided as a freebie for all of you. It was the perfect sentiment for the art journal that I was creating for 2016. I paired it with one of their other digital stamps from the Fairies Stamps digital stamp collection.





 I printed the images off separately on my HP Inkjet printer. I started with the Beauty and Truth stamp and coloured over the foliage and banner with pencil crayons. I then began shading with my spectrum noir alcohol markers being very careful not to allow the ink to saturate the paper so much as to smear the inkjet image. I found it works best to colour small areas in isolated patches and allow them to dry before colouring the adjacent spaces.

The incredible fairy image comes to life with just a few highlights on her dress and some bold blue on her wings.

After the images were completely dry I adhered the fairy to the sentiment and began highlighting using stickles in pink, green, yellow and silver.

Using some purple and white paint along with a bit of teal glitter paint I created a background on white cardstock.
 I adhered the cut out coloured image to the background and then used mod podge to add it to the cover of my art journal. Making sure all the wrinkles were our I gently dabbed an extremely light coat of Mod Podge over the entire image and background paper. Let me stress.....extremely light. Once that layer was dry I applied another coat of Mod Podge to the entire page.

Using some adhesive backed gems from the Dollar Tree, I outlined the image border and also the page border.

I am so excited to use this new journal for all my inspiration notes this year. Working with the ladies on the Gecko Galz design team, I am sure that it will be filled up in no time.

Be sure to grab the free stamp and also visit Gecko Galz store to purchase the fairies stamps collection.

If you love working with the Gecko Galz products be sure to show off your creations and get inspired by following the Gecko Gals Challenge group on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment