I got out my Prima Doll stamps and an old pad of DCWV paper, a few Prima flowers and flourishes and some Basic Grey Rub Ons and Voila....my mini canvas masterpiece was born.
Here is what I did:
- I had previously painted the canvas a blotchy mix of pink and white acrylic paint.
- I sanded down some of the areas of the canvas so that the texture showed through.
- I used the white rub ons and my bone folder to put the flourishes in the upper centre to right side of the canvas, trying to have as much show through were I intended to place my doll.
- Using a plain white paper doily cut in half I created a half moon on the right centre of the canvas.
- I had some Prima Say It With Crystals flourishes in the studio so I used one in the top left .
- I had some left over scraps of a crocheted doily from our club layout from a few weeks ago so I used it to create a sort of base to ground all the elements at the bottom of the canvas.
- Silver filigree and some pretty Prima flowers were added to the crocheted doily pieces.
- Using the "Always be your own kind of wonderful" stamp from Close To My Heart, I stamped my sentiment with black Memento Ink and then coloured it with cotton candy ink (which I applies using a makeup sponge).
- I popped the sentiment up on foam squares and then finally adhered my pretty Prima Doll. She is inked using Tattered Rose Distress ink.
Thats It. As my little guy would say "easy peasy, lemon squeezy".