Thursday 8 October 2015

My Grandma's Teacups: Turn your Cricut Explore into a Paper Doll Cutter Part 2

Well, did you get your Prima Paper Doll Stamp all set up in your Cricut Explore? Of course you did! I knew you could do it. If you need to go over what we did this is the link.  Now comes the really fun part. I hope you remembered not to drink your coffee near your precious paper.....oh the horror....but that's another post.

Making Your Prima Paper Doll


You know that plastic 12x12 box that you use to collect all those teeny time pieces of paper that are just too good to throw out. Yah, the one on the shelf collecting dust. Go grab that. This is a great opportunity to put those itty bitty scraps to work. (and your husband said you would never need them......be sure he sees you using them, as though you had this planned from the start....seven years ago when you began saving scraps of paper.) 

For the small layers like the dress, shoes and stockings I try to find scraps that coordinate in the approximate sizes I want.


 You will need to use large pieces for the doll base and backer.

 Small confession. I made a horrible paper choice for this project as I chose a slightly shiny surface that does not hold the ink well. A flat finish would have worked much better.


 Remember to think about where the shadows on the dress would fall. The area that flares gets the most light and the creases are darker.



I used a wet glue. I just find it easier than messing with popdots or foam squares. You can choose your favourite adhesive and I won't judge you harshly.

 As our friend Rosiland Burch taught us earlier this week. A girl's accessories are very important. So go ahead and bling her up. Then we are done. Yay, see how much fun they are!
Be sure to follow my Prima Doll Pinterest board for plenty of inspiration on ways to use these adorable creations.

Follow My Grandma's Teacups's board Prima mixed media dolls on Pinterest.