Friday, 19 June 2015

My Grandma's Teacups Scrapbooking and Craft Supplies: My New Obsession: Treasure Hunting

Ok, maybe not quite treasure hunting....but it certainly feels like it. I have been scoping out the local thrift stores to find vintage things that catch my eye. It is so much fun going to the store not knowing what you might find. Sometimes, its a little scary what you can find in a thrift store but that only adds to the adventure.


These are my favourite finds from this week.


This is an itty bitty mixing bowl made between 1940-1960 by a company called Fire King. Its not particularly valuable on its own but it is really pretty so to me it counts as a great find.













This little cutie is a collectible Norman Rockwell Mug from the Norman Rockwell Museum with a copyright date of 1982 on it. Ahhh the good old days of my youth. 
Did your family have a boat load of Blue Mountain Pottery in their china cabinet? Mine did but somehow it never came to me...lol....but I think this set is pretty even if it is not a family heirloom.


I fell in love with this little guy and never noticed the big dollup of crazy glue holding the handle on. Seriously my 6 six year old could have done a more accurate job on the glueing. Its a cool piece though as it was made by Ridgway of Staffordshire England and says the company was established in 1792. Its interesting because the history takers tell us that Ridgway did not start its pottery business until 1802 and became a part of Royal Dalton in the 1960's. 














Do you like to Thrift? I am going to start a Pinterest Board. Please feel free to message me so that you can be added to the board and you can share your favourite finds.
Carnival Glass
Depression Glass