Wednesday, 27 May 2015

My Grandma's Teacups Scrapbooking and Craft Supplies: Moments that Matter

I have mentioned several times how much I struggle with Instagram and never know what to post. The other day I posted a beautiful picture of my children. Honestly, it was a miracle that it was captured on film. Here, see for yourself.



Pretty cute right? The problem is that this picture only tells part of the story. This will be the one that I hang on my wall and carry in my wallet but still it will never share the full memories that I have from this day.

That is why I scrapbook. I want to journal about the giggling heap of children that were left lying on the ground after the failed pyramid pose. I want to record the banter as the three of them tried to work together to get me my perfect shot. Those are the moments that my heart will hold on to, and those are the memories that I want to preserve for the kids so that they can relive those moments long after they have had their own families and are creating new memories. They will be able to look back and remember how much they were loved and perhaps it will remind them to record their journey as well.

I think it's really important to remember its not just about capturing the perfect moment...but also all the little moments that make up our memories.