Sunday, 21 September 2014

From One Scrapbooker to Another

Women are a funny breed. If we find something that we love we immediately want to share it with all of our girlfriends so they can enjoy it too. Men, not so much. They don't seem to reap the same warm fuzzy feeling from knowing that they are introducing their buddy to something that they might like. TOO BAD FOR THEM!!!!!

I will apologise in advance for the fact that this post was supposed to written earlier in the summer. Between trips to the trailer and running the kids all over the countryside I have not had a chance to share. In hindsight this may be a better opportunity though as there may be more of you sitting home today sipping a leisurely cup of coffee thinking about the possibilities the day holds. Here is my advice....head to Kingston.

Several years ago my friend and I were out on one of our adventures (which always included shopping and copious amounts of white hot chocolate with whipped cream). She was showing me a tool that she had purchased at Marchant's. I gave her a quizzical look as I was not sure where she was talking about. She was pretty happy that she had the inside scoop this time as I was usually the one in the  know when it came to scrapbooking supplies. We immediately did a turnabout and headed to Kingston. Have you ever seen the eyes of small child the first time they see Santa Clause at the Mall? It was Christmas, my birthday and Easter all rolled up in one beautiful store of wall to wall crafty goodness. From floor to ceiling there are rows of stamps, glitter and spray. Embossing folders, cutting dies, ink, embellishments and more adorn the walls. Then you see the paper. Bo Bunny, Basic Grey.......GRAPHIC 45!!!!! I was in scrapbooking heaven.

Needless to say Marchant Paper Memories has become a must stop at spot every time I head to Kingston. I have to say though, the real treasure there is in fact not the yummy collection of all things paper. The owners are incredible. I spent a wonderful hour chatting it up as I was regaled  with tales of  how they rocked the first Scrapfest in Kitchener, about taking designers out for supper and having waiters spill water down their chest, getting a wrong number from Tim Holtz. I could have sat there and listened all afternoon if I had the time.

I decided that even though they don't sell Close to My Heart supplies....they were just too good not to share with all my lovely scrappy friends. Do yourself a favour and spend an afternoon browsing their shelves in search of your own scrapping treasure. But be warned, friendships are tested when there is only one pad of Graphic 45 on the shelf. Hurry up, get over there....your next masterpiece is just waiting to be created.

Marchant Paper Memories
1187 Princess St, Kingston, ON K7M 3E1