Tuesday, 20 May 2014

New Collections from Close To My Heart

One of the most frequent questions I receive from new papercrafting enthusiasts is "what do I need to get started?" My answer is almost always the same, "That depends on what you want to do." Papercrafting is a huge area of techniques, products and tools. Without having at least an idea of what you would like to try first it is quite easy to find yourself overwhelmed with the huge selection of papers, inks, tools and goodies. The problem is that we often purchase products with no clear plan for what we intend to use them for. I am sure that is how many of us began our hoarding issues. The colours and textures available are amazing and it is so easy to give in to the lure of the pretty designs. By having an idea about the specific area you would like to try first it is much easier to purchase supplies that will help you achieve the desired results. I find that cardmaking it often a great place to start. It takes very few supplies and has no real pressure or the  time commitment required that jumping into making a scrapbook for your daughter's graduation gift may bring. Close to My Heart has come out with some exceptional collections to help you get your papercrafting off the ground!

Contact me or visit My Grandma's Tea Cup's Close To My Heart. Be sure to click shop and then product collections to view all the details about these must have kits.

I would start with either the Essentials Toolkit or the Stamping Basics and then build your collection out from there.